JOB DESCRIPTION – Associate - Social Business Management
Aarohana EcoSocial Developments works in the field of environment conservation and social development, through its initiative of handloom weaving of WASTE PLASTIC BAGS and WRAPPERS. Our primary process of weaving is set up in a tribal area, where tribal youth are provided with a source of employment. The resulting fabric is used to make a variety of products such as handbags, purses, accessories, home décor and many more, as shown on www.aarohana.org
This role is an entry level position, for candidates interested in working with a startup social enterprise.
Qualification: Extremely passionate about Sustainable Development, Waste management and Social Work.
Any Graduate with good management skills
- Monitor production of our Pune unit, with attention to improving production efficiency of artisans
- Making production plan as per sales orders and taking end-to-end responsibility
- Ensuring Quality check of all products before going to the market
- Being flexible to travel in Pune's market area to procure raw material required. Petrol allowance will be given for 2-wheeler. Preference will be given to the candidate who has a 2-wheeler.
- Conduct Awareness generation sessions in societies, schools, exhibitions
- Help in plastic collection and segregation instructions
- Create social media posts on the topic
- Be FLEXIBLE to travel within and outside Pune for exhibitions and client meetings. Please note, that during peak exhibition season, we travel 50% of the time
- Create social media posts with good design and content
- Handle customer queries and orders, offline and online. Ensure these are delivered by the production team on a timely basis
- Good written and spoken English skills will be an advantage
- Managing customer emails, social media and e-commerce platforms
- Self starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound English language skills
- Proficiency in excel and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of design softwares such as Photoshop or InDesign is a plus
Interested candidates should email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org